Friday, October 26, 2007

KK's birthday dip

Tonight is my friend KK's birthday party. Always willing to jump on a chance to try a new recipe, I told her I'd bring something to eat.

I needed something easy and quick - so after searching around I relied on good ol Rachael Ray. Here is a Feta Walnut dip - perfect for veggies and crackers. I chose pita chips to go along with the veggies.
Feta Walnut Dip
1 cup walnut halves, toasted
1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbles
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, a handful of leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 large clove garlic, cracked away from skin
Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
Assorted veggies and crackers

Combine walnuts, feta, milk, oregano, parsley, black pepper, red pepper and garlic clove in food processor and pulse process until spread is smooth. Scrape spread into serving dish with spatula. Drizzle dip with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.


No comments: