Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Herb Cheese Shells

My best friend Lydia introduced me to the yumminess known as cheese shells about 4 years ago. The best part is that it is a WW recipe - and probably my favorite WW recipe. I love making them during Lent because it is meatless and quick for a Friday night. I've heard from others that they also freeze well and taste even better later. I plan on making some and freezing for my brother and sister-in-law since they don't have much time to cook these days dealing with the my handsome 2 month-old nephew Gavin. :) So it is also a great dish to make and give to others as a "thank you," "get well," "congrats" or "I'm sorry."



Herb Cheese Shells
4 shells is 7 WW points
Ingredients:
16 shells uncooked jumbo shells
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp milk (I use fat free half and half)
1 large egg, beaten (I use 1/4 cup of edd substitute)
Spaghetti sauce (see recipe below)
Directions:
Cook the shells according to package directions. Drain and rinse briefly under cold running water to stop the cooking.

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, milk, egg and Italian seasoning. Stuff 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each shell and set in the baking dish. Pour warm spaghetti sauce over the shells and spread evenly. If you'd like, add some cheese to the top. Cover with foil and bake until hot and bubbling, about 30 minutes.

No comments: