Friday, March 28, 2008

Hey Cupcake!

Over the years my husband has learned that I love little surprises. His usual surprises include flowers - which I adore! But this week he got me an extra special surprise - Hey Cupcake!

If you aren't from Austin or you haven't heard about this place, Hey Cupcake is a cupcake stand on S. Congress here in Austin. A cupcake stand! What an ingenious idea - why didn't I think of it??? And to make it Austin-y...it is in an Airstream trailer!

I've been dying to go to Hey Cupcake since the radio started talking about it months ago. And one time a few months ago I actually got Chris down there - and I kid you not - the people right in front of us got the last of the cupcakes! NOOOOOOO. I was heart broken. No really - even Amy's Ice Cream wasn't able to make me happy!

So I was so happy this week when I finally got to stuff a Hey Cupcake in my mouth. And boy did I! Chris decided that we needed 2 of each kind!!!! Apparently he forgot we're on diets.....

So was it worth the wait? OH HELL YEAH! Their cream cheese frosting is awesome and I loved the carrot cake the best (of the ones that I've tried). It is definitely my new guilty pleasure food.

And now since you can't taste how fabulous these babies are...you can at least indulge in the yumminess of the photos (sorry I'm not a better photographer...).



I've got to go...the Chocolate with Strawberry frosting is calling my name....

1 comment:

Mary Catherine Urban said...

I am purposely staying away from this place for EVER. I am a cupcake-a-holic.