Monday, March 3, 2008

PBJ cookies

Two desserts in a row on here is bad - especially considering I'm on WW. But I can't help myself. I actually made these awhile ago and they were really yummy, I just hadn't had time to post about them. I am a lover of peanut butter and when a saw this recipe on Rachael Ray's web site I had to try. They aren't the lowest point dessert (thanks to the peanut butter), but they are lower points than normal peanut butter cookies and taste just as great!


Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Each cookie is 2 WW points

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup of egg beaters (or 1 large egg)
1/4 cup jam (I used strawberry rhubarb because its what was in the fridge)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with PAM. Combine in a medium mixing bowl 1 cup smooth peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, and egg. Roll into 20 balls and evenly space on the cookie sheet. Slightly press cookies down and make a small indentation with index finger. Place about 1 teaspoon jam in the indentation. Bake cookies for 15 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely.

No comments: